The gentleman's dilemma. The first is a constant woman who I did promise near-eternity (three years) to. I outpoured my heart to her father in a personal statement, and for a small fee of ten grand a year, keep her as my lady-wife.
The second, a flashy wench oft-found in an alehouse, better found yet with friends to work upon her!
Ok I've had enough of that now. What I mean to say in my embarrassing manner of self-expression is that I've basically over-subscribed myself with comedy commitments in exam season for my degree.
I do ick myself out calling it comedy, saying I'm a person who does comedy. Mostly because I'm not a very funny or forthright person. To home friends I'm calling it theatre, as if that's marginally better.
I was initially quite sceptical of the comedy scene here, its forever being overshadowed by its history of greats, and the inherent issue that student comedy is student comedy. Be that as it may, it's also fun. I like having a genuine creative outlet. I like putting down words to paper (laptop), I like reading them out, I like hearing other people reading them out. I'd like to be a better performer, I like performing.
Now I'm staring at my diary (paper) and silently panicking. If I can walk out with a 2.1 from this exam I'll be very ruddy pleased with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment